Sunday, May 1, 2011

General Elections - Your Life In 5 Years

This year's Labour Day falls along the stretch leading towards the General Elections.

It has given us time off to visit the various rallies to see which party has to say and offer to the people. One thing I know is that this is my first election and I can say that I feel very excited about it. What saddens me is that I got friends who are a pathetic towards the political happenings which will determine the next 5 years of our lives which in essence can be said as one of the best time of our lives. Most of us during this 5 years would have finished studying and started working already and the right political party could make our lives better or even worse. So to you reading it, is this General Election not an important process?

Take some time off and watch the rallies be it online or at one of those rallies held in your area. Read articles and feel it for yourself to know if any of the politicians has made a good point which you can understand and relate to. (yes, feel it though seeing is believing but you cannot see change till after the elected are in place and able to deliver their promises) Times are changing and I know more people are more involved in this round of elections. I am encouraged to see more people taking an active approach to find out more about various political parties which includes myself too.

Whether our next 5 years be a better one or a worse one, it is made up of all our choices. Do not regret when it happens as you are able to control the outcome.

Will be updating more tomorrow as it has 2+ years since I last blogged and I shall try to maintain it as much as I can.

3 comments:

degui said...

well sad to say some of ur frens might regret not voting or should have voted another party, based on many old uncle stories, there is a chance their area to be contested will be decades away due to walkovers..

max said...

hahaha.. degui! only 1 area is a walkover which is Tanjong Pagar. The other areas are all being contested which is why this year is one of the hottest Elections in history!

thus we all need to make the right choice!!! :)

degui said...

haha yea man